- 1 cup Mahatma® or Carolina® White or Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 cans (14 oz, each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup (About 6oz) cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- salt and pepper, optional
How to Make It
Prepare rice according to package directions.
In a large pot, bring chicken broth and evaporated milk to a boil. In a small cup dissolve cornstarch and poultry seasoning with 4 tablespoons water and stir into hot broth. Stir constantly for 1 minute; reduce heat to low and stir in chicken and vegetables. Continue to cook 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired .
Purchase precooked diced chicken in the deli section at your local grocer.
Calories: 424 /serving
Total fat: 9 g
Sat. fat: 6 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 70 mg
Sodium: 244 mg
Carbohydrates: 57 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 26 g