I love this recipe and everyone that I have served it to has raved about it. It's quick and easy, especially if you use precooked chicken. I usually pan grill chicken tenders and dice them, but that's my preference. I have found that I like to add an extra 1/2 cup of corn meal to make the polenta a little thicker.
Creamy Chicken and Polenta Casserole
This recipe makes two casseroles. Keep one, and give the other to a friend, along with baking instructions.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 large rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar roasted garlic Alfredo sauce (we tested with Classico)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in cornmeal. Cook 4 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. Spoon polenta evenly into 2 (8") square disposable ovenproof pans (see Note below). Cool 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle artichoke hearts, peppers, and chicken evenly over polenta. Pour Alfredo sauce over chicken in both pans. Sprinkle with basil; top with Italian cheese blend. Cover and chill until ready to bake.
- Before baking, place pan on center of a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until casserole is thoroughly heated.
- Note: We tested with Glad OvenWare disposable pans. Clip and save instructions from back or bottom panel, and share these instructions when gift giving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note