- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.), pounded thin
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 jar Bertolli® Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
How to Make It
Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Dip chicken in flour, then eggs, coating well. Heat 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, turning once, 5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in same skillet and cook shallots and thyme, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until shallots are tender. Stir in lemon juice and cook 1 minute. Stir in Sauce, parsley and lemon peel; heat through. Spoon Sauce over chicken and serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice or pasta.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 500, Calories From Fat 270, Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 30g, Cholesterol 260mg, Sodium 980mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g, Sugars 3g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 40g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%