Excellent and easy. I used leftover grilled chicken breast so added it after sauteing the shallots and mushrooms. The only other change I made was substituting light baby Swiss cheese for Gruyere, which I did not have on hand, and adding half a tablespoon of dry sherry to the sauce. Served with the Make-Ahead Crepes, steamed green beans and tossed salad. My husband had 2, our guest had 3 and my daughter liked the recipe even though mushrooms are not her favorite. I particularly like that second helpings don't push you over the calorie edge with a dish so "elegant."
Creamy Chicken-Mushroom Crepes
The flavor of applewood-smoked bacon lends depth to the filling. Prepare and refrigerate up to one day ahead; reheat in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 154
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12.3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 248mg
- Calcium: 118mg
- 1 applewood-smoked bacon slice, diced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (about 2)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 Make-Ahead Crepes
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 1/2 teaspoons drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add chicken to drippings in pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Add shallots, thyme, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Gradually stir milk mixture into chicken mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until thick (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in bacon, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of each Make-Ahead Crepe; roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note