I agree with the previous user in that I am surprised there aren't more reviews for this recipe! My husband and I enjoyed these. Couldn't find creme fraiche (and didn't feel like making it) so I used heavy cream instead. Very flavorful and easy to prepare. Will definitely make again.
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Crepes
Buy a rotisserie chicken from the deli counter, and use the breast meat for this recipe. You'll have some leftover chicken for another meal later in the week. If you can't find baby portobello mushrooms, use cremini mushrooms. Look for packaged crepes in the produce aisle.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 272
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 27.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 643mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups thinly sliced baby portobello mushroom caps (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
- 2 cups shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 6 (9-inch) packaged French crepes (such as Melissa's)
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until onion begins to brown. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently. Add wine, and cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently. Add broth and fresh thyme; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add crème fraîche, stirring until well blended. Add chicken, tossing to coat.
- Place 1 crepe on each of 6 plates. Spoon about 1/3 cup mushroom mixture into center of each crepe; roll up. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note