This dish is very, very rich, but it is absolutely delicious. Serve with a simple spring mix salad and a vinaigrette. I first had this at a bridal shower, and it was a big hit. I have since made it several times for other people, and they always comment on how good it is.
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 3 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and saute 5 minutes. Add green chiles; saute 1 minute. Stir in cream cheese and chicken; cook, stirring constantly, until cream cheese melts.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese, and drizzle with whipping cream.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note