So delicious. ...use to live in the Toronto area but now live in the middle of no where and there is no culture here whats so ever! . This dish has that perfect east indian flavor...like a curry/butter taste. Made with a side of white rice. YUM!!!
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Curry
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot (madras) curry powder
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place chicken tenders in a large bowl; sprinkle 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper on top. Add flour and stir to coat chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat half of oil over medium-high heat. Add half of chicken and cook, turning once or twice, until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and repeat using remaining oil and chicken tenders.
- Add onion, curry powder, and remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper to pan and cook, stirring, until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Return chicken to pan and cook, turning, for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and broccoli to plates. Remove skillet from heat, stir in sour cream and then spoon sauce on top of chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes