I usually hate it when a reviewer has changed a lot of things. But that's me today. I significantly reduced oil by using non-stick spray first. Used about 3/4 cup of lite coconut milk, substituting for an equivalent amount of chicken broth, because I had it. Half sweet curry powder and half hot. Used fresh cauliflower instead of broccoli, and I added it after sauteeing onions but before putting the chicken back in to be sure it got cooked adequately. Added frozen peas because I felt I needed a little color. Substituted non-fat Greek style yogurt for sour cream. Did not serve with rice to keep carbs low. My husband, who usually "hates" curry, said he would eat this again!!! Excellent. Easy and quick.
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Curry
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot (madras) curry powder
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place chicken tenders in a large bowl; sprinkle 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper on top. Add flour and stir to coat chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat half of oil over medium-high heat. Add half of chicken and cook, turning once or twice, until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and repeat using remaining oil and chicken tenders.
- Add onion, curry powder, and remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper to pan and cook, stirring, until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Return chicken to pan and cook, turning, for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and broccoli to plates. Remove skillet from heat, stir in sour cream and then spoon sauce on top of chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes