Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta
Community Recipe from
- Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 10m| Total Time: 20m
- 3/4 pound gemelli, penne, or another short pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about half of a 2- to 2 1/2-pound bird)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last minute of cooking. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and peas and reserve the pot.
- Melt the butter in the pasta pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream, chicken, spinach, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the pot and cook until the chicken is warmed through and the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pasta and peas and toss to combine (add ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water if the pasta seems dry). Serve with the Parmesan.
- By Charlyne Mattox , December, 2012
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes