- 1 (5-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb-and-spice seasoning
- 4 (6-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into small pieces
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- calories 268
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 5 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 0.8 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 28 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 7 mg
- sodium 784 mg
- calcium 209 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice mix according to package directions, omitting fat.
Sprinkle seasoning evenly over chicken pieces.
Cook chicken in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring often.
Stir together chicken, rice, onion, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Note: For testing purposes, we used Mrs. Dash salt-free herb-and-spice seasoning.