Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
Community Recipe from
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 1/2 pound(s) skinless boneless chicken mixed thigh and breast chopped bite size
- 8 ounce(s) gourmet shrooms reconstituted, save 1 cup liquid
- 2 bulb(s) white onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) granulated gahlik big
- 4 tablespoon(s) dry sherry Sandeman
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup(s) shroom broth
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1 box(es) farfelle pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) micro-planed fresh nutmeg
- 6 sprig(s) thyme 3 for sauce, 3 in pasta water
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup 26 0z, family size
- 1/4 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil add to cooked pasta
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Put water on for pasta, adding salt and 3 thyme sprigs
- Reduce the heat to medium. Heat the remaining butter in the skillet. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic powder and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the soup, milk, sherry, thyme sprigs, nutmeg and black pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove thyme sprigs from pasta, drain, add oil and parsley, shake to coat.
- Serve sauce over pasta
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pjbutler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes