Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 1/2 pound(s) skinless boneless chicken mixed thigh and breast chopped bite size
- 8 ounce(s) gourmet shrooms reconstituted, save 1 cup liquid
- 2 bulb(s) white onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) granulated gahlik big
- 4 tablespoon(s) dry sherry Sandeman
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup(s) shroom broth
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1 box(es) farfelle pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) micro-planed fresh nutmeg
- 6 sprig(s) thyme 3 for sauce, 3 in pasta water
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup 26 0z, family size
- 1/4 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil add to cooked pasta
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Put water on for pasta, adding salt and 3 thyme sprigs
- Reduce the heat to medium. Heat the remaining butter in the skillet. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic powder and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the soup, milk, sherry, thyme sprigs, nutmeg and black pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove thyme sprigs from pasta, drain, add oil and parsley, shake to coat.
- Serve sauce over pasta
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pjbutler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note