Grits for dinner?! Absolutely, with one minor change. Blanch the spinach prior to adding to grits. Tasty!
Creamy Cheese Grits and Spinach
More From Southern Living
- 1 (5-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- 1. Coarsely chop spinach. Bring grits and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach and cheese until well blended and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This