- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (5.5-ounce) container garlic-and-herb soft spreadable cheese
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
How to Make It
Cut a 1-inch-wide strip from the top of each baked potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving potato shells intact. Mash pulp.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add shallot and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes.
Stir together pulp, shallot mixture, 1 tablespoon chives, and next 4 ingredients. Spoon into shells, and place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons chives.
Creamy Chive-and-Gorgonzola Potatoes: Substitute 2 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese for soft spreadalbe cheese, and increase sour cream to 1 cup.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Alouette Garlic et Herbes Gourmet Spreadable Cheese.