A suprisingly delicious cauliflower risotto! This was really good - with the following modifications. I added kale (1 cup chopped) and shredded zucchini (1 1/2 cups) because I had them in the freezer. I steamed the cauliflower, kale, and garlic cloves in a dutch oven for 10 minutes. I dumped the steamer basket into the pot (with ~2 cups of water remaining). I added 3 oz. taleggio (like Brie) which melted like butter and ~1/4 tsp. each salt and fresh black pepper. I roughly pureed the mixture right in the pot with a wand blender and then stirred in the shredded zucchini. Just before serving, I stirred in ~1/2-1 cup cheddar/Jack blend. I served this over a wild rice blend (made with the broth and skipped the milk entirely) and passed shredded parmesan at the table.
Creamy Cauliflower Garlic Rice
Community Recipe from
- 6-8 cup(s) cauliflower chopped
- 4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) brown rice
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 6-8 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese (more to taste)
- 1.Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- 2.Bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and boil for about 10 minutes, until tender. Transfer cauliflower pieces to a blender or food processor.
- 3.Puree the cauliflower, adding milk or extra vegetable broth to get a smooth, creamy consistency. Season with salt. Pour over the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- 4.In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic, sauteing over low heat until the garlic is very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Add the creamy rice mixture and stir until butter and garlic is incorporated. Add cheese on top or stir it throughout the rice to get it melted. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bippie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Cauliflower Garlic Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes