This soup did taste very creamy. It was nice and thick. Next time I will add more ginger and maybe some nutmeg to boost the flavor. But it was a very delicious soup!
Creamy Carrot Soup
This creamy carrot soup is a wonderful way to enjoy beta-Carotene-rich carrots, especially during the chilly fall and winter months.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 28.7g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 963mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of ground ginger
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- 1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and carrots to pan; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in salt, pepper, and ginger.
- 2. Add 2 cups water and broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat; cool.
- 3. Place half of carrot mixture and 1 tablespoon cream in a food processor or blender; process 20 seconds or until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining carrot mixture and 1 tablespoon cream. Return mixture to pan; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews