Creamy Caramelized Onion Bisque
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) 12-oz. can evaporated skim milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) cool water
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 32 oz. carton(s) fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 package(s) nonfat country gravy mix (2 3/4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoon(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 large Vidalia, chopped
- In a large sauce pan. place onions, sugar and oil. Cook, stirring over medium heat until onions are tender, aboout 10 minutes. Stir in broth and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gravy mix in cool water. Add to soup and cook, stirring until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, add milk and cheese and stir until cheese melts. Garnish with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LeeHeck and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Caramelized Onion Bisque Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews