Creamy Caesar Salad with White Beans
Prep: 20 minutes. Anchovy haters, take note: This salad has all the great flavor of a traditional Caesar salad without the salty fish.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 267mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (15- to 16-ounce) can Great Northern or navy beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat garlic-flavored croutons
- 1. Combine lettuce, 1 cup beans, tomato, and onion in a large bowl.
- 2. Drop garlic through food chute of a mini-food processor with motor running; process until minced. Add remaining beans, oil, Worcestershire sauce, juice, salt, and pepper; process until well-blended.
- 3. Pour dressing over salad, tossing gently to coat. Divide among 4 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1/4 cup croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note