Creamy Cabbage-Pork Stew (3 qt)
Hearty; savory flavors that blend beautifully A ring of garlic bologna cut into chunks can be substituted for the pork shoulder. Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta Canada
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 can(s) (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cup(s) apple juice
- 1 pound(s) boneless pork shoulder, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) caraway seeds
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 cup(s) coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil on all sides; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir in the soup, apple juice, potatoes, carrots, caraway and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 hours.
- 2. Add the cabbage and milk. Cover and cook 2-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note