I love potato salad, all kinds of potato salad--except ones that have too much mayo. Made this last year and thought it was wonderful, fresh and light and very satisfying. Am planning to make it again for a family gathering and will adapt according to two tips n the other reviews--will drizzle a little milk before adding dressing and will add very tiny dice of celery for crunch. Used the whole fat sour cream last time, will use creme fraiche this time.
Creamy Buttermilk-Herb Potato Salad
Crème fraîche is a thickened cream product with a mildly tangy, nutty flavor; you'll often find it in tubs near the gourmet cheeses. If you can't find it, you can substitute full-fat sour cream. Be careful to cook the potatoes only until just tender and no more; that way, they'll hold their shape.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 57 Minutes
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 14.1mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 326mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until just tender; drain. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine crème fraîche and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add warm potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note