If you like buttermilk-and-herb mashed potatoes with roast beef, then you'll like this buttermilk-and-herb potato salad with your grilled steak this summer. Basically made to recipe, very simple to prep. Lightly tossed the hot, drained potatoes with 3tbs buttermilk & let cool to room temp. Subbed chopped fresh thyme for the dill because we're growing thyme and prefer it anyway. Served with grilled sirloin & Carménère. Very good.
Creamy Buttermilk-Herb Potato Salad
Crème fraîche is a thickened cream product with a mildly tangy, nutty flavor; you'll often find it in tubs near the gourmet cheeses. If you can't find it, you can substitute full-fat sour cream. Be careful to cook the potatoes only until just tender and no more; that way, they'll hold their shape.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 57 Minutes
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 14.1mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 326mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until just tender; drain. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine crème fraîche and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add warm potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note