I used two avocados for a more pronounced flavor. This would also make a great condiment for grilled shrimp. Yummy!
Creamy Buttermilk-Avocado Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1. Process buttermilk, avocado, parsley, chopped green onions, and fresh lemon juice in a food processor 30 seconds or until smooth. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Store in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap directly on surface (to prevent discoloration) up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This