Wonderful!!! Even my carnivorous husband loved it!
Creamy Broccoli Soup
This is a perfect cold-weather soup. Because it's pureed, the creamy texture and vibrant color make it appealing to most kids, and no cream is needed. It's an ideal make-ahead meal on a weekend when you have a little time to sit around and let it cook. Then on Monday night, all you have to do is reheat it and make some garlic bread.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 231
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 640mg
- Calcium: 173mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped leek
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled red potato
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (12-ounce) bag broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, leek, and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients (through salt). Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or just until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli and beans; cook 8 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- 2. Place one-third of soup mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure twice with remaining soup mixture. Wipe pan with paper towels.
- 3. Return soup to pan. Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note