Creamy Broccoli Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 Medium onion Chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Crushed red pepper Optional
- 2 cup(s) Low-sodium Vegetable broth
- 1 bunch(es) broccoli, florets, 7 cups Roughly chopped and stems pealed and sliced
- 8 ounce(s) 1 Large Russet potato Peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 ounce(s) Sharp White cheddar grated, 1/2 cup
- Bagel chips for serving
- 1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, 4-6 mins.
- 2. Add the broth, broccoli, potato, 2 cups water, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the vegetable are very tender, 18 to 20 mins.
- 3. In a blender, working in batches, puree the soup until smooth, adjusting the consistency with water as necessary. (Alternatively, use a handheld immersion blender in the saucepan). Top with the CHeddar and bagel chips, if desired, before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews