The cracker crumbs added nothing to the taste or looks. I'd use either buttered crumbs or ?. The other suggestion is to add slivered almonds to the dish--especially if served as veg. w/o chicken. I also may use a little more cr. cheese and a little less blue if made again. Good way to have a tasty vegetable dish or one-dish meal.
Creamy Broccoli Bake With Chicken
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 2 (12-oz.) packages fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup finely crushed saltine crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coarsely chop broccoli. Cook broccoli and 1 Tbsp. salt in a Dutch oven in boiling water to cover 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Melt butter in a medium-size heavy saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheeses and 1/4 tsp. salt until melted. Stir in broccoli and chicken.
- 3. Place in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with crackers.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note