Creamy Brioche and Egg Bake
- 3 cups cubed brioche (about 3 1/2 oz.)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cooked ground pork sausage with sage, crumbled and drained (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large eggs
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss together brioche cubes and melted butter in a large bowl. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer toasted brioche cubes to an 11- x 7-inch baking dish, and stir in cooked sausage. Spread mixture in an even layer, and set aside.
Stir together heavy cream, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low, and cook 5 minutes.
Pour cream mixture evenly over brioche-and-sausage mixture. Break eggs, and slip, 1 at a time, into cream mixture. Do not stir.
Bake in preheated oven until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired degree of doneness, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.