This soup was so good! I really tried to add some more flavor to it by adding four garlic cloves instead of the one. Also, the soup was not thickening up for me so I added some corn and it made it a lot thicker. I didn't have lime juice, so I used lemon juice instead and it turned out good. My fiancee loved it and we will definitely be making this more often.
Creamy Black Bean Soup
Prep: 10 min., Cook: 15 min., Cool: 5 min. Spread warmed leftover soup over crispy tostadas and layer with chopped rotisserie chicken, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and avocado for a quick supper or snack. For a thinner soup, use only 2 cans of black beans.
- 1 cup medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15-oz.) cans BUSH'S Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges, tortilla chips
- 1. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven; cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime juice. Let cool 5 minutes.
- 3. Process soup, in batches, in a blender or food processor 30 seconds or until smooth. Return to Dutch oven, and stir until blended. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note