- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups undrained Slow-cooker Black Beans*
- 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (11-oz.) can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Sauté onion and garlic in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in Slow-cooker Black Beans and next 7 ingredients, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven; cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
Process 2 cups of soup in blender or food processor 30 seconds or until smooth. Return to Dutch oven, and stir until blended. Serve with desired toppings.
*2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, may be substituted.