- 1 cup medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15-oz.) cans BUSH'S Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges, tortilla chips
How to Make It
Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven; cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime juice. Let cool 5 minutes.
Process soup, in batches, in a blender or food processor 30 seconds or until smooth. Return to Dutch oven, and stir until blended. Serve with desired toppings.