Creamy Beet Dip with White Crudités
More From Food & Wine
Total: 45 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 (2 1/2 cups) medium beets, peeled and coarsely shredded on a box grater
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until just softened, about 2 minutes. Add the beets and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beets are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and honey and cook uncovered over high heat, stirring frequently, until the liquid has evaporated completely and the beets are very tender and dry, about 6 minutes longer.
- Scrape the beet mixture onto a large plate and let cool. Fold in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This