Made this for a dinner party and it was a hit. Served with veggies and crackers for dipping. Great way to use some of our garden's fresh summer basil. Making it again for a football draft party.
Creamy Basil-Pesto Dip
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Fried chicken strips or hot wings, cherry tomatoes, crispy breadsticks
- Garnish: fresh basil sprig
- Heat pine nuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Process pine nuts and next 7 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. With processor running, pour oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Serve with fried chicken strips or hot wings, cherry tomatoes, and crispy breadsticks. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: If using purchased basil, 4 (1-ounce) packages will equal 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This