- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Fried chicken strips or hot wings, cherry tomatoes, crispy breadsticks
- Garnish: fresh basil sprig
How to Make It
Heat pine nuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted.
Process pine nuts and next 7 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. With processor running, pour oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream. Transfer to serving bowl.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Serve with fried chicken strips or hot wings, cherry tomatoes, and crispy breadsticks. Garnish, if desired.
Note: If using purchased basil, 4 (1-ounce) packages will equal 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves.