- 16 ounces elbow macaroni (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beate
- 1 pound (16-ounces) cubed (1/2 inch size) Velveeta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Kraft Mild Cheddar Cheese (about 2 cups), divided
- 8 ounces shredded Kraft Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender but not mushy, about 8-10 minutes. Drain well and pour into a large mixing bowl.
Working over low heat, melt the Velveeta cheese with 3/4 cup milk, stirring constantly.
Pour melted cheese sauce over pasta and stir. Add butter, ¾ cups milk, eggs, 1/2 cup each shredded cheeses, and salt and pepper. Mix well and transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Bake until crust is golden brown and casserole is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.