It is good but needs a bit more corn and maybe some green pepper or green onion to add some color.
Creamy Baked Corn
- 2 to 4 bacon slices
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Melt butter in hot drippings over medium heat; add onion, and saute until tender.
- Whisk in flour and salt until smooth and bubbly. Whisk in sour cream until smooth; cook, whisking often, 3 minutes. Stir in corn, and cook until thoroughly heated. Spoon into a lightly greased 8-inch baking dish; top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note