Creamy Asparagus Soup with Lobster
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into pieces
- 1 cup peeled and chopped potato
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (about 10 ounces) cooked and chopped lobster
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Cook onion in butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour; gradually add chicken broth, stirring constantly. Add asparagus and potato, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let cool slightly.
- Puree asparagus mixture in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth, scraping down sides, if necessary. Add milk, whipping cream, and salt, stirring well. Cook over medium heat just until thoroughly heated.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls. Top evenly with chopped lobster, and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Note: Substitute cooked crab or shrimp for the lobster, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note