Creamy Artichoke Soup
- 6 artichokes (save leaves for other uses)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- chervil (chopped)
- Trim leaves, stems, and fuzzy chokes from artichokes.
- Drop artichoke hearts into a bowl of ice water mixed with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Drain hearts and add to boiling water; cook until tender. Drain.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and stir until golden. Stir in flour; cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and the artichoke hearts; stir until mixture boils and thickens, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whirl mixture in a blender until smooth. Return to pan and heat through. Add whipping cream and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped chervil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This