I love this recipe. I substituted quite a bit because I didn't have everything on hand. I used spinach and carrots in place of the asparagus and artichokes. And I didn't have lasagna noodles either; replaced with ziti. But still...the sauce is AMAZING! The lemon adds just the right kick. I highly recommend it. Yummy.
Creamy Artichoke and Asparagus Lasagna
Hearty and delicious Creamy Artichoke and Asparagus Lasagna doesn't skimp on the soul-warming power we have come to expect from traditional casseroles. Lemon rind brightens the sauce, making for a more delicate lasagna.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 575mg
- Calcium: 367mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 7 ounces frozen artichokes, thawed and coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces vegetarian Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add leek; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute. Stir in artichokes; remove from heat.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour in a saucepan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir in remaining 1 cup milk and broth. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Simmer 1 minute or until thickened. Add rind and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper).
- 4. Combine cheeses in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup milk mixture in bottom of an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cut bottom third off each noodle to form 6 large and 6 small noodles. In a single layer, arrange 2 large and 2 small noodles over milk mixture to fit pan; top with one-third of vegetable mixture, one-third of remaining milk mixture, and one-third of cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with cheese. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
- 5. Preheat broiler to high.
- 6. Uncover lasagna; broil on middle rack of oven for 2 minutes or until cheese is browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This