Creamy Apple-and-Pecan Salad
Martha uses this as a side at a sit-down lunch and as a stuffing for pitas for a more casual gathering. This recipe is a great way to use gift-basket apples.
This recipe goes with Creamy Apple-and-Pecan Salad Pita Pockets
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 apples (1 Granny Smith and 3 Gala apples), cored and chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, and stir in dried cranberries and raisins. Let stand 10 minutes, and drain.
- 2. Stir together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in apples, celery, cranberries, and raisins. Cover and chill. Sprinkle apple mixture with pecans just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note