- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen French-cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) can bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8-ounce) cans diced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 (2.8-ounce) cans French fried onions
How to Make It
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup, and bring to a boil. Stir in beans and next 3 ingredients. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Bake, covered, at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle evenly with French fried onions, and bake 10 more minutes or until bubbly.