This recipe was awful. I followed it exactly, too. The sauce never thickened at all. It was basically like pouring milk over pasta. I highly do not recommend this recipe....
Creamy Alfredo Pasta
Finely grate fresh Parmesan for smooth sauce—pre-grated doesn't work as well.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package cellentani (corkscrew-shaped) pasta
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook half-and-half and next 2 ingredients in a large heavy nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat, whisking often, 12 minutes or until reduced by one-third (do not boil). Remove from heat.
- 3. Whisk in cheese, next 2 ingredients, and desired amount of pepper until sauce is smooth. Toss sauce with hot cooked pasta. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note