Prep: 3 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes; Stand: 5 minutes; Freeze: 3 1/2 hours. If you want to skip the layers, add the total amount of buttermilk and orange juice to the sugar syrup and freeze the mixture for 3 hours.
More From Health
- Calories: 131
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 42mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6-ounce) can thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted and divided
- 1. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 30 seconds, remove sugar syrup from heat, and let cool 5 minutes.
- 2. Mix 1/4 cup buttermilk and 1/4 cup sugar syrup in small bowl. Pour equal amounts of buttermilk mixture into 8 pop molds. Place molds at an angle (try tilting them in a large plastic container); freeze 1 1/2 hours.
- 3. Whisk together remaining 1 cup buttermilk, remaining sugar syrup, vanilla, and all but 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate (reserve for last step). Remove molds from the freezer, and add the juice mixture and pop sticks; freeze 1 1/2 hours.
- 4. Remove molds from the freezer, and distribute reserved 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate among the pops; freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note