- 4 medium turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Place turnips with water to cover in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Add sugar; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in salt, pepper, and turnips. Transfer to a warm serving dish; sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables