Creamed Spinach with Tomatoes
Using two kinds of spinach provides texture and plenty of flavor.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 2/3 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 489mg
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fiber: 2.0g
- Calcium: 160mg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen creamed spinach (such as Green Giant)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- Cook creamed spinach according to package directions; set aside.
- . While spinach cooks, place flour in a small bowl; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- . Stir in creamed spinach, chopped spinach, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This