- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen creamed spinach (such as Green Giant)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- calories 97
- fat 4.1 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- protein 6.2 g
- carbohydrate 10.9 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 489 mg
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- fiber 2.0 g
- calcium 160 mg
How to Make It
Cook creamed spinach according to package directions; set aside.
. While spinach cooks, place flour in a small bowl; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts.
. Stir in creamed spinach, chopped spinach, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.