- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 5 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- calories 240
- caloriesfromfat 79 %
- protein 7.4 g
- fat 21 g
- satfat 13 g
- carbohydrate 7.4 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- sodium 342 mg
- cholesterol 74 mg
How to Make It
Butter a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish. Squeeze out as much water as possible from the spinach (use your hands or a clean kitchen towel). Set aside.
Heat spinach and cream in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese to melt. Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Transfer spinach mixture to buttered baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Just before serving, place dish in the oven 5 to 6 in. below a broiler set to high; broil until top is golden and crunchy, about 3 minutes.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.