Creamed Spinach Casserole
Made with cream cheese, Gruyere, and Parmesan, this Creamed Spinach Casserole might just be the star of your Thanksgiving table. For even richer flavor, swap in half and half for the milk.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Sodium: 631mg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 10-oz. packages chopped frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish. In a medium skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes longer.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine spinach, onion mixture, sour cream, cream cheese, milk, Gruyère, nutmeg, salt and pepper until thoroughly mixed. Stir in egg. Pour into baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine panko and Parmesan. Add butter and mix well. Scatter panko mixture over spinach. Bake, uncovered, until light golden brown and set, about 40 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note