- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh spinach, shredded
How to Make It
Bake pine nuts in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
Bring butter and whipping cream to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in Parmesan cheese and next 3 ingredients. Add shredded spinach, and cook over low heat, stirring often, until wilted. Spoon over grits or cornbread; sprinkle with pine nuts.