Creamed Salt Pork Over Toast Points
- 1/2 pound salt pork, rinsed and ground
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toast points
- Brown pork in a large skillet over medium heat; drain and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Add flour to skillet, stirring until smooth. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk ; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in reserved pork and pepper. Serve hot over toast points.
- Note: Creamed Salt Pork may also be served over hot biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note