Creamed Honey and Miso-Glazed Salmon
Notes: Creamed (or whipped) honey is sold in well-stocked supermarkets.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 345mg
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned salmon fillet (no more than 1 in. thick), cut into 4 equal pieces
- 3 tablespoons creamed honey (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup finely shredded daikon (about 6 oz.)
- 1. Rinse fish and pat dry. In a small bowl, mix honey, miso, lemon juice, and ginger. Brush fish generously all over with honey mixture. Set pieces slightly apart on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet.
- 2. Broil salmon 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning once with a wide spatula, until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 7 to 8 minutes total.
- 3. Set a piece of fish on each of four plates and mound daikon equally alongside.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes