Creamed Honey and Miso-Glazed Salmon
Notes: Creamed (or whipped) honey is sold in well-stocked supermarkets.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 345mg
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned salmon fillet (no more than 1 in. thick), cut into 4 equal pieces
- 3 tablespoons creamed honey (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup finely shredded daikon (about 6 oz.)
- 1. Rinse fish and pat dry. In a small bowl, mix honey, miso, lemon juice, and ginger. Brush fish generously all over with honey mixture. Set pieces slightly apart on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet.
- 2. Broil salmon 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning once with a wide spatula, until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 7 to 8 minutes total.
- 3. Set a piece of fish on each of four plates and mound daikon equally alongside.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note