- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned salmon fillet (no more than 1 in. thick), cut into 4 equal pieces
- 3 tablespoons creamed honey (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup finely shredded daikon (about 6 oz.)
- calories 378
- caloriesfromfat 45 %
- protein 35 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 345 mg
- cholesterol 100 mg
How to Make It
Rinse fish and pat dry. In a small bowl, mix honey, miso, lemon juice, and ginger. Brush fish generously all over with honey mixture. Set pieces slightly apart on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet.
Broil salmon 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning once with a wide spatula, until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 7 to 8 minutes total.
Set a piece of fish on each of four plates and mound daikon equally alongside.