Creamed corn with shallots
fine cooking magazine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- side dish
- 5 ears fresh corn
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the kernels from the corn to yield 3 cups (don’t cut too deeply; you want only the tender tips of the kernels). Put the kernels in a medium bowl and reserve the cobs. Working with one cob at a time, stand it on its end in the bowl and scrape the back of the knife down the sides to release the corn “milk.”
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, 1 minute. Add the corn, cream, and 1/2 tsp. salt and simmer gently, stirring often, until the cream has thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the nutmeg, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
- nutrition information (per serving):
- Calories (kcal): 240; Fat (g): 15; Fat Calories (kcal): 130; Saturated Fat (g): 9; Protein (g): 4; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 4; Carbohydrates (g): 27; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Sodium (mg): 150; Cholesterol (mg): 50; Fiber (g): 3;
- photo: Scott Phillips
- From Fine Cooking 118 , pp. 48
- July 5, 2012
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamed corn with shallots Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables