Delicious!! I did add some cayeene pepper to give a little kick. Served it with the pan-fried chicken thighs which is in the same issue. Will make this again--a great and different way to serve corn.
For a side dish that sticks to your ribs, try Creamed Corn. We lightened this comfort side dish by "creaming" our corn with flour-thickened milk instead of cream.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Sodium: 152mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; swirl until butter foams. Add bell pepper and thyme; sauté 3 minutes. Add corn; sauté 2 minutes. Add milk, flour, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place 1/2 cup corn mixture in a mini food processor; process until smooth. Return to pan; stir well.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This