Community Recipe from
- 1/2 bulb(s) large onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 8 ear(s) corn husk and silk removed
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy creamer
- coars salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 In a large saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp of the butter on medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes until translucent.
- 2 While the onion is cooking, remove the kernels from the corn. Stand a corn cob vertically over a large, shallow pan (like a roasting pan). Using a sharp knife, use long, downward strokes of the knife to remove the kernels from the cob. Use the edge of a spoon to scrape the sides of the cob to remove any remaining pulp.
- 3 Add the corn to the onions and butter in the saucepan. Add 2/3 a cup of water and the remaining 1 Tbsp of butter. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the corn is tender.
- 4 Add the sugar, nutmeg, and cream to the corn. Cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Valera and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamed corn Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes